Posted Under ReportNet Interview Questions
2. What are the steps of testing and how to test reports in Reportnet?
3. Improve Report Running Performance
4. What is the main advantage of impromptu over cognos reportnet?
5. what is prompt?types of prompts?use of prompts?syntax of prompt?
6. How do you Structure your Framework Manager
7. ReportNet Security level filters
8. How do you remove spaces from middle of the name in Reportnet
9. Can anybody tell me about star schema grouping
10. What are the disadvantages of cognos8
11. How to hide/unhide the prompts which are not used by unauthorized users?
12. Is there any comparison available for Cognos Reportnet Vs Crystal reports?
13. What does MR stands for in Reportnet1.1 MR1, and difference between MR1 and MR2 ?
14. When i am configuring Cognos reportnet it is giving Cryptographical information error.Please can any body tell me how to resolve this.Pease give me in detail.Waiting for your reply.
15. How can we import stored procedures into framework manager
16 What are the documents which we prepare while doing a project after testing, and what all are items which should be included?
17. How do you define dimensional view??
18. How do you use SUM function in Reportnet?
19. Cryptographic information Error in ReportNet
I am unable to save cryptographic information and unable to run reportnet in web browser. so please help me.DPR-ERR-2058 The dispatcher cannot service the request at this time. The dispatcher is sti
20. 1.Explain the steps involved in the creation of model in frameworkmanager?2.What are the constraints for using tabular sets?3.How will u restrict the no of records in a single page?4.What is bursting?whats the use?5.In tabular sets,there will be two tabular models?Can I use a tabular reference instead of tabular model in one side?
21. what are necessary tasks to install reportnet software
22. what is the meaning of stand alone report
23. What is meant by Circular Join in FM model? What is its purpose.
24. What is difference between sub-report and drill-through report?
25. Difference between Query Calculation and Layout Calculation?
26. What is burst reporting
27. When we are running the report the date prompt always showing the sysdate.can we change this to the when we are running the report the date prompt always showing the sysdate.can we change this to the required date(ex before 1 week)?
28. What is the advantages of report net comparing with Actuate?
29. What is the difference between drill through and master-detail reports?
30. Explain the reasons for this error " unable to find the database'goretailers'in the
Explain the reasons for this error " unable to find the database'goretailers'in the content store
31. what are versions of reportnet?
32. What are the special features of cognos 8 compare to reportnet1.1?
33. Report Studio allows you to create the data model from a query and thereby skipping Framework Manager. Given that this feature is available, in what scenarios would one want to skip Framework Manager? Is Framework Manager an un-needed overhead?
34. what are the basic differences between cognos 7.3 and 8v (specially in ReportNet)
35. How change in usage property (attribute,identifier,fact) of query item in FM effects reports in report studio?for eg. EmployeeCode is identifier what happens when it declared as fact?
36. Does anyone know any Bugs found in Reportnet 1.1 ?
37. How can we migrate Impromptu reports into Reportnet
38. How can we identify ambiguous relation ships in frame work manager?
39. How can we identify ambiguous relation ships in frame work manager?
40. I want display zero when null values comming to report how can i do that
41. How can we limit the max no of rows retrieved in the report?
42. What is the difference between DW and BI?
43. What are the advantages of query studio compared to report studio
44. What is the difference between Datasource and Database?What is namespace?
45. What is parameter mapping explain with an example.
46. What is the difference between Native SQL and Cognos SQL?
47. What is need of Tabular Model in report?
48. Can anyone plz tell me wht r the steps of testing and how to test reports in Reportnet?
49. what is the meaning of stitched query?
50. What is the Difference between PowerPlay transformer and power play reports?
51. What is the use of tabular model,tabular SQL,tabular reference in real time application?
52. How can we generate the cubes in framework manager?
53. What is the difference between Cognos ReportNet 1.1MR1 & Cognos ReportNet 1.1 MR2
54. What is the extension of file to save template?What is the difference between drill through and masterdetail reports?
55. How do you define a cube??
56. What is difference between qurry studio and report studio?
58. What are components of reportnet?
59. Your client wants to ensure only specific users can create reports in Query Studio with other users creating reports using Report Studio. How can this be accomplished?
60. What is difference b/w model and package?
61. What are the advantages and disadvantages of reporting directly against the database? Do you alwa
What are the advantages and disadvantages of reporting directly against the database? Do you always need to copy the data before reporting on it?(example, real-time & on-demand reporting is a requirement)
62. How to generate IQD file from framework manager
63. How do i allow a dynamic selection of a column for a measure in a chart,without using Variable
64. Can report net connect multiple datasource at a time in report creation time
65. What function should you use to display the value entered or selected by a user in response to a prompt?
66. What step(s) must be completed to allow a single instance of Framework Manager to connect to multiple ReportNet dispatchers?
67. How do we provide security in frame work manager for a query subject?
68. How can i create prompts in report net
69. Difference between filter and conditin
70. How can i test report in reportnet
71. What are the various file formats involved in reportnet?
Check all articles under ReportNet Interview Questions