Learn how to answer behavioral interview questions,Behavioral Interview Questions Answers,Behavioral Interview Questions asked in top companies,Tough Interview Questions Answers
Business Systems Thinking
- Give a specific example of a time when you had to address an angry customer. What was the problem and what was the outcome? How would you asses your role in diffusing the situation?
- It is very important to build good relationships at work but sometimes it doesn't always work. If you can, tell about a time when you were not able to build a successful relationship with a difficult person.
- Tell us about a time when you built rapport quickly with someone under difficult conditions.
- What, in your opinion, are the key ingredients in guiding and maintaining successful business relationships? Give examples of how you made these work for you.
Business Systems Thinking
- Describe how your position contributes to your organization's/unit's goals. What are the unit's goals/mission?
- Tell us about a politically complex work situation in which you worked.
- Have you ever worked in a situation where the rules and guidelines were not clear? Tell me about it. How did you feel about it? How did you react?
- Some people consider themselves to be "big picture people" and others are "detail oriented". Which are you? Give an example of a time when you displayed this.
- Tell us me about a situation when it was important for you to pay attention to details. How did you handle it?
- Tell us me about a time when you demonstrated too much initiative?
- Describe a situation in which you were able to effectively "read" another person and guide your actions by your understanding of their individual needs or values.
- Describe a situation when you were able to strengthen a relationship by communicating effectively. What made your communication effective?
- Describe a situation where you felt you had not communicated well. How did you correct the situation?
- Describe a time when you were able to effectively communicate a difficult or unpleasant idea to a superior.
- Describe the most significant written document, report or presentation which you had to complete.
- Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully communicate with another person, even when that individual may not have personally liked you , or vice versa.
- Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully communicate with another person, even when that individual may not have personally liked you.
- Have you ever had to "sell" an idea to your co-workers or group? How did you do it? Did they "buy" it?
- Have you had to "sell" an idea to your co-workers, classmates or group? How did you do it? Did they "buy" it?
- How do you keep subordinates informed about information that affects their jobs?
- How do you keep your manager informed about what is being done in your work area?
- How do you go about explaining a complex technical problem to a person who does not understand technical jargon?What approach do you take in communicating with people?
- What kinds of communication situations cause you difficulty? Give an example.
- Tell us about a recent successful experience in making a speech or presentation. How did you prepare? What obstacles did you face? How did you handle them?
- Tell us about a time when you and your current/previous supervisor disagreed but you still found a way to get your point across.
- Tell us about a time when you had to present complex information. How did you ensure that the other person understood?
- Tell us about a time when you had to use your verbal communication skills in order to get a point across that was important to you.
- Tell us about a time when you were particularly effective in a talk you gave or a seminar you taught.
- Tell us about an experience in which you had to speak up in order to be sure that other people knew what you thought or felt.
- Tell us me about a situation when you had to speak up (be assertive) in order to get a point across that was important to you.
- Tell us me about a time in which you had to use your written communication skills in order to get an important point across.
- What challenges have occurred while you were coordinating work with other units, departments, and/or divisions?
- What have you done to improve your verbal communication skills?
- How have you persuaded people through a document you prepared?
- What are the most challenging documents you have done? What kinds of proposals have your written?
- What kinds of writing have you done? How do you prepare written communications?