Posted Under HR Interview Questions
Behavioral Job Interview Questions,Behavioral Job Interview Questions,Stress Management,TeamworkSpot Motivation and Attitude
- How did you react when faced with constant time pressure? Give an example.
- People react differently when job demands are constantly changing; how do you react?
- What kind of events cause you stress on the job?
- What was the most stressful situation you have faced? How did you deal with it?
- Describe a situation in which you had to arrive at a compromise or help others to compromise. What was your role? What steps did you take? What was the end result?
- Describe a team experience you found disappointing. What would you have done to prevent this?
- Describe a team experience you found rewarding.
- Describe the types of teams you've been involved with. What were your roles?
- Describe your leadership style and give an example of a situation when you successfully led a group.
- Give an example of how you have been successful at empowering a group of people in accomplishing a task.
- Give an example of how you worked effectively with people to accomplish an important result.
- Have you ever been a project leader? Give examples of problems you experienced and how you reacted.
- Have you ever been in a position where you had to lead a group of peers? How did you handle it?
- Have you ever participated in a task group? What was your role? How did you contribute?
- Please give your best example of working cooperatively as a team member to accomplish an important goal. What was the goal or objective? To what extent did you interact with others on this project?
- Some people work best as part of a group - others prefer the role of individual contributor. How would you describe yourself? Give an example of a situation where you felt you were most effective.
- Tell us about a time that you had to work on a team that did not get along. What happened? What role did you take? What was the result?
- Tell us about a work experience where you had to work closely with others. How did it go? How did you overcome any difficulties?
- Tell us about the most difficult challenge you faced in trying to work cooperatively with someone who did not share the same ideas? What was your role in achieving the work objective?
- Tell us about the most difficult situation you have had when leading a team. What happened and what did you do? Was it successful? Emphasize the "single" most important thing you did?
- Tell us about the most effective contribution you have made as part of a task group or special project team.
- Think about the times you have been a team leader. What could you have done to be more effective?
- What is the difficult part of being a member, not leader, of a team? How did you handle this?
- What role have you typically played as a member of a team? How did you interact with other members of the team?
- When is the last time you had a disagreement with a peer? How did you resolve the situation?
- When working on a team project have you ever had an experience where there was strong disagreement among team members? What did you do?
- Describe a situation that required you to do a number of things at the same time. How did you handle it? What was the result?
- How do you determine priorities in scheduling your time? Give an example.
- How do you typically plan your day to manage your time effectively?
- Of your current assignments, which do you consider to have required the greatest amount of effort with regard to planning/organization? How have you accomplished this assignment? How would you asses your effectiveness?
- On many occasions, managers have to make tough decisions. What was the most difficult one you have had to make?
- Tell us about setbacks you have faced. How did you deal with them?
- What has been your major work related disappointment? What happened and what did you do?
- What is the most competitive situation you have experienced? How did you handle it? What was the result?
- What was your major disappointment?
- How many projects do you work on at once? Please describe.
- When was the last time you made a key decision on the spur of the moment? What was the reason and result?
- When was the last time you were in a crises? What was the situation? How did you react?
- Which of your jobs had the most rapid change? How did you feel about it?
- Give a specific example of how you have helped create an environment where differences are valued, encouraged and supported.
- Tell us about a time that you successfully adapted to a culturally different environment.
- Tell us about a time when you had to adapt to a wide variety of people by accepting/understanding their perspective.
- Tell us about a time when you made an intentional effort to get to know someone from another culture.
- What have you done to further your knowledge/understanding about diversity? How have you demonstrated your learning?
- What have you done to support diversity in your unit?
- What measures have you taken to make someone feel comfortable in an environment that was obviously uncomfortable with his or her presence?
Check all articles under HR Interview Questions