70 Tough Behavioral Interview Questions and how To Effectively Prepare For A Behavioral Interview.
Ability to cope under pressure
- Can you describe us a situation when you were stressful but you demonstrated your ability to cope under pressure.
- Tell us a scenario where you had to deal with a extremely difficult client or customer. Explain how you handled that situation.
- Describe a specific time where you managed to remain calm and composed and delivered in a stressful situation.
Adaptability, flexibility and change
- Explain a situation when there was a major change or implementation at your area of work, and how you adapted to it.
- Describe about a time in your project where you had to adapt to a difficult situation and how did you respond to it.
- Describe a situation in which it required you to adjust to changes over which you had very little of control.
- Tell us about a situation when you had to learn something completely new in a short duration of time. How did you achieve success in it?
- Please describe us about a scenario where you were required to work alongside a co-worker even when you did not get along with the co-worker personally.
- Give us an example where you disagreed with the higher management or with your manager on a certain point. What did you do and what was the result?
- Explain us about a situation when you really found it difficult to build rapport and a good business relationship with a client/customer or with manager and colleagues? How did you overcome it
- Describe a situation in which you had to take a tough stance and separate the person from the issue when you were working to resolve issues.
- Describe about the most difficult decision you have had to make in your project.
- Describe a situation when you are required to analyze information and then make a concrete recommendation. How did you arrive at a decision ?
- What alternatives did you consider for this decision making process
- Tell us with an example of a time when you had to make a quick decision with limited information available.
Effective Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Tell us a situation in which you were able to persuade to successfully convince client or customer of your point of view.
- Describe us a time when you had to make an important presentation to a customer.
- Give us an example of a time when you had to present some complex information. How did you ensure that everyone concerned is understood.
- Explain us about a situation when you had a negotiation with a key stakeholder. What was the outcome of the negotiation?
- Tell us a time where you are required to create an important written document for a client.
- Describe us with an example of a time when you successfully motivated your peers and sub-ordinates.
- Explain us about a time in which you had to use your written communication skills in order to arrive at an important point.
- Describe us an example of a time when you had made a terrible mistake because you did not listen carefully to the requirements.
- Give us an example of where when you communicated with a client or customer in written or in verbal form but it didn't turn out to be effective. What steps do you take so that the next time you had send out a communication, it made more sense and sounded more effective?
Efficient Customer Service
- Give us an example where you went out of your way to help a customer to get thin work done. What did you do and what was the outcome?
- Describe an example of a situation when you had to deal with an angry customer. Tell us about the problem and what did you do to address it.
- Tell us a situation where you had to change and modify your approach for a customer in order to provide that customer exceptional customer service.
Effective Leadership Skills
- Please give us an example when you used your leadership skills to gain support for something for which there was strong opposition from every side.
- Please tell me about a situation when you were forced to make an decision which was unpopular and met with resistance from different quarters.
- Describe with an example how you were able to motivate, encourage and retain people within your team by appealing and attending to their individual interests? What are the skills you used for that?
- Describe a scenario when you delegated a project successfully effectively.
- Please tell us a situation where you had to keep subordinates and co-workers well informed about information which might affects their jobs.
- Describe us about a situation where the performance of a member of your team is below expectations. What did you do to address the situation and what was the outcome?
- Please tell us an example of a time in which you felt you were required to motivate and encourage your peers or subordinates at work.
- Describe us about a specific development plan that you created on your own and carried out with peers or subordinates. What was the outcome of it, was it successful?
- Tell us a situation where you have had to discipline a member of your team about his performance.
- Please provide us an example where you had to take disciplinary action with someone who was under your supervision.
Goal and Objectives setting
- Tell us a about a situation where you tried to accomplish a certain goal but it resulted in a failure. What did you learn from mistakes and failures?
- Explain with an example of a time when you set a goal and objectives and achieved it successfully.
- Describe us with a specific example when you had to conform to a policy of your organization with which you did not personally agree with. What did you do and were you satisfied?
- Please describe a scenario when you identified that a certain policy or procedure pertaining to your organization was not been adhered to at work.
- Tell us a about a specific situation when you had to handle a really difficult problem which concerns the ethical issues related to your organization.
- Explain with an example when you took responsibility for an failure or mistake and your were held personally accountable for the same.
- Explain with an example when you had to go out of the way in order to get a job done successfully.
- Give us an example when you showed initiative and took the lead in your organization.
- Describe us with a specific example when you anticipated potential problems that may arise and what are preventive measure you undertook?
- Give us an example about a suggestion you made to improve and better the internal process. What was the outcome?
- Please tell us about a time when you came up with a creative solution pertaining to a problem at your project.
- Tell us about a situation where one of your ideas was implemented by higher management.
- Describe us about an innovation work that you have introduced into the organizational process. How did you implement it and what approach did you follow?
- Describe us with a specific example when you identified a small problem and prevented it from becoming a big problem.
Logic and problem solving
- Describe us with a specific example when you used you logic and reasoning skills in solving a complex problem.
- Tell us about a situation when you missed an obvious solution to a complex problem.
- Please tell us about a time when you used facts, judgement and reasoning skills to persuade someone to accept your recommendation or decision.
- Describe us with a specific example when you used your fact finding skills to solve a complex problem.
- Describe us with a specific example where you worked in a very competitive environment. What was your position in the team and what were the challenges?
- Please tell us about the most difficult person that you have ever had to work with. How did you manage to work?
- Please tell us about a situation when you had to reach a compromise at work with one of your team members over a certain issue.
- Give a scenario where someone in your team was not assigned the work. What did you do to ensure the workload was spread evenly among the team members?
- Describe us with a specific example how you have been successful at empowering your team members in successfully accomplishing a complex task.
- Give us an example when you had to work in a team that did not initially get along. What happened? What role did you take to successfully get going?
- Describe a situation when you had to adapt to a wide variety of people by accepting and understanding different their backgrounds or perspectives.
- Describe about a very complex project you worked on. What was your contribution to the project and what was the final outcome? What was the process that you followed?
Time management skills
- Please give a scenario when you had to manage your work or project within competing deadlines and you were required to set priority to your tasks.
- Please provide us an example of where you managed competent professional and personal priorities and at the same time maintained a healthy work life balance.
- Tell us a situation when you have several clients, customers or co-workers placing multiple demands on you at the same time. How did you respond in this situation and what was the outcome?
- Please describe a situation where you were required to act on important issues from different sources What process did you follow and what was the outcome?
- Tell us a situation where you learned about the practices, processes and decisions made by different functional units within your organizational practice.
- Please describe a situation when you suddenly discovered that a business practice or policy was negatively affecting profitability and how did your report to higher management.
- Describe with and example where you have demonstrated in your role an ability to push through challenging and tough situations and build a culture which is achievement-oriented .
- Describe us a scenario where you have pro-actively driven change quickly through the business. Explain how did you achieve this and how you kept your team motivated and focused.
- Tell us about a situation where you didn't receive positive feedback about your way of operating and your personal style of tackling and achieving the things. How did you respond and what steps did you take.
- Tell us a scenario where things did not go as you had planned with the client or customer. Why did it happen in the first place and what did you do to so that it never happened again.