IT Project Manager Job Interview Questions.
Qualification of a IT Project Manager
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified or Prince 2 certified Project Manager - these two are most important globally-recognized for project managers. For more details you can refer this website. http://www.pmi.org
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP) is another certification which recognizes the advanced experience and skill of portfolio managers
- Techno Functional Experience is very much required in IT companies now-a-days.
- Most of the companies expect that the candidate have at least one end to end IT implementation.
- Some minimum years experience coordinating and supporting IT business processes.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Technology or related area, but this is not always a required criteria.
Responsibilities and duties of a IT project managerAs an IT project manager you’d have to describe the following action taken within the project lifecycle:
- Defining project requirements, budgeting and plan project schedule based on MS project and/or other managerial tools such as BI tools.
- Establishing the appropriate SOW, scope of work, for the project.
- Performing strategic IT analysis for the project.
- Identifying/Assigning resources for project/program implementation based on the project business plan.
- Planning project deliverables, goals and its milestones.
- Preparing RFP, Requests for Proposals, and conducting sub-contractors/vendors selection process.
- How did you demonstrate leadership to define requirements for project risk?
- How did you efficiently solve project issues?
Why do think you fit the job of an IT manager? What are your skills?
- Strong awareness of core project management techniques and some practical project management experience.
- Strong organizational, client presentation, and customer service skills.
- Strong project management skills and methodologies such as: prioritization, problem analysis, use of analytics and ability to solve problems effectively.
- Ability to build effective working relationship with peers, team members, customers and higher management.
- Analytical and rational thinking, effective planning, accuracy at various stages and attention to detail.
- Strong and effective verbal communication skills.
- Work and task Prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively without conflict with the higher management.
- Conceptual and in-depth knowledge of Industry Standards and Process