Peoplesoft Realtime Interview Questions and Answers.1. What is PIA and what are its components?
It is n-tier architecture. We have client, web server, application server and Database server. We have jolt and tuxedo. We have WSL, WSH, JSL, JSH, QUEUES and services.
In database server we have system tables, peopletools tables and application tables.
2. Differentiate Field edit and Save edit?In Field edit for each field change, a transition to the application server to the database is taken place. In Save edit for all the fields, only one transition to the application server to the Database is taken place.
3. What are think time functions?Think-time functions suspend processing either until the user has taken some action (such as clicking a button in a message box), or until an external process has run to completion.
4. In which events error & warning are used most extensively.Field edit, Save edit, Search save, row delete, row insert.
5. Is there any way by which you can find out whether the user is in Add mode or Update mode?%mode---returns A---for Add mode. Returns U –for Update mode
6. What is the purpose of the SQLEXEC function? What are its benefits and draw backs?SQLEXEC is used to execute the sql statements (select, insert,update,delete).
We can get only one row at a time.
7. How is the searchinit event most often used by people soft application?A) Searchinit fires before the search dialogue page is displayed to the end user.For this reason searchinit is often used to enhance roll level security by inserting and graying out certain values to the search dialogue page.
8. What are the options for using SQL in people code?a) Sqlexec
b) Record class methods (selectbykey, delete, insert, update)
c) Using sql class, its properties and methods.
9. What is the difference between component buffer and data buffer?Component buffer contains all the data of the active component.
Data buffer contains the data other than the data in the component buffer (Data of other records)
10. What databuffer classes are available in people code?Rowset, Row, Record, Field, Array, File, Sql, chart, grid and so on.
11. When we select a component what events will be fired?If default mode for component is search mode: only searchinit will fired .If default mode for component is new mode :field default, field formula, rowinit, searchinit.
12. What are different variables in people code and their Scope?System variables and User defined variables.
Scope --- Global, Component, Local.
13. What is default processing?In default processing, any blank fields in the component are set to their default value. You can specify the default value either in the Record Field Properties, or in FieldDefault PeopleCode
14. What is difference between field default and Row init?Field default specifies only the default value for a field when we are in Add mode.
Row init fires only when a row of data coming from database to component buffer.
15. What is difference between saveprechange and savepostchange? Which function directly interacts with the database?Saveprechange---last event that executes before updating the data from component buffer to the database.
Savepostchange –fires after the updation of data in the database.
SQLEXEC --- function directly interacts with the database.
16. What is Getlevel 0()? What is the use of %subrec and %selectall functions?Getlevel0 ()---used the get the rowset of the level0.
%subrec--is used only in Dynamic View SQL where it expands to the columns of a subrecord:
%selectall--%SelectAll is shorthand for selecting all fields in the specified record, wrapping date/time fields with %DateOut, %TimeOut.
17. What is an array in people code? What is maximum dimension of an array? Which function inserts values into an array? What is “pop”?An array is a collection of data storage locations, each of which holds the same type of data.
The maximum depth of a PeopleCode array is 15 dimensions.
Push and unshift are the functions of the array used to add the elements into the array one from the end of the array and one from the beginning.
Pop is a function of array used to select and delete an element from the end of the array.
18. What is difference between Getrowset and Createrowset in people code?Getrowset –is used to get rowset for a record in the component buffer.
Createrowset—is used to create rowset for a record which in database, and is also called a Standalone rowset
19. Can you save the component programmatically?Using Dosave and Dosavenow functions.
20. What is differed processing and its advantages?Postpones some user actions to reduce the number of trips to the database so that increases the performance (in system edits, field edit, and field change).
1) Reduces the network traffic.
2) Increases the performance.
33. Write the syntax to access third level record field using object oriented peoplecode?
21. What are the built-functions used to control translate values dynamically?Adddropdownitem ()
22. How to populate data into grid in online?&Rs.Select or Scrollselect ().
Before accessing a people soft application what levels of security must be passed through.
a) Field level security
b) Row level security
c) Maintain security
d) Definition security
e) Portal security.
23.What is the use of primary permission list in user profile?Primary permission list is used for mass change and definition security purposes.
How to authorize the user to run a process or report?
To authorize a user to run a process, the process group, which contains the process or report, should be added to the permission list of that user.
24.How to give access to the records that are to be used in a query?To give access to the records that are to be used in query, we have create a new query security tree and add the records which we want to give the access and then assign a access group to the tree. After that we have to add that query tree and query access group to the permission list.
25.What are the rules used by the system to determine whether a user is authorized to update an object?The user should have the permission to update the object. This is given by the Definition security. The group, which holds the object, should be added to the permission list of the user in update mode.
What are the different ways we can set up the portal security to access component in portal?
1) Structure & content
2) Menu import
3) Register component