Posted Under SAP-ABAP-Interview Questions
1) What is SAP R/3?
Ans SAP R/3 refers to Systems Application and Product for data processing Real-time having a 3 tier architecture i.e. Presentation layer, Application layer and Database layer.
2) What are the programming standards followed?
3) What are the contents in technical specifications?
Ans There are five contents in Technical Settings: Data Class, Size Category, Buffering Permission, Buffering Type and Logging.
4) What is an instance?
Ans When you call a function module, an instance of its function group plus its data, is loaded into the memory area of the internal session. An ABAP program can load several instances by calling function modules from different function groups.
5) How to take care of performance in ABAP Development?
6) What is Function group? Difference between function group and function module?
Ans Function Groups act as containers for Function Modules that logically belong together.
1) These cannot be defined in a Function Module.
2) It cannot be called.
3) They are containers for Function Module.
1) These must be defined in a Function Group.
2) It can be called from any program.
3) They are not containers for Function Group.
7) What is the difference between 'Select single * ' and 'Select upto 1 rows'?
Ans ‘Select single *’ – The result of the selection should be a single entry. If it is not possible to identify a unique entry, the system uses the first line of the selection. For e.g.
DATA : ITAB TYPE ZREKHA_EMP.
SELECT SINGLE * FROM ZREKHA_EMP INTO ITAB
WHERE EMPNO = ‘00101’ AND DEPTNO = ‘0010’.
WRITE : / ITAB-EMPNO, ITAB-EMPNAME,ITAB-DEPTNO.
Select upto 1 rows -
8) What Function does data dictionary perform?
Ans: Central information repository for application and system data. The ABAP Dictionary contains data definitions (metadata) that allow you to describe all of the data structures in the system (like tables, views, and data types) in one place. This eliminates redundancy.
9) Difference between domain and data element? What are aggregate object?
Ans: Domain - Specifies the technical attributes of a data element - its data type, length, possible values, and appearance on the screen. Each data element has an underlying domain. A single domain can be the basis for several data elements. Domains are objects in the ABAP Dictionary.
Data Element - Describes the business function of a table field. Its technical attributes are based on a domain, and its business function is described by its field labels and documentation.
Aggregate Object – Views, Match Code and Lock objects are called aggregate objects because they are formed from several related table.
10) What is view? Different types of view. Explain?
Ans :View - A view is a virtual table containing fields from one or more tables. A virtual table that does not contain any data, but instead provides an application-oriented view of one or more ABAP Dictionary tables.
Different Types of View:
2) Database – It is on more than two tables.
3) Projection – It is only on one table.
11) Can u print decimals in type N? What is difference between float and packed data type?
Ans : No, we cannot print decimals in type N because decimal places are not permitted with N
Float Data Type: It cannot be declared in Parameters.
Packed Number: It can be declared in Parameters. For e.g.
PARAMETERS : A(4) TYPE P DECIMALS 2,
B(4) TYPE P DECIMALS 2.
DATA : C(4) TYPE P DECIMALS 2.
C = A + B.
WRITE : / ‘THE SUM IS’ , C.
12) What is step-loop? Explain all the steps?
Ans :A step loop is a repeated series of field-blocks in a screen. Each block can contain one or more fields, and can extend over more than one line on the screen.
Step loops as structures in a screen do not have individual names. The screen can contain more than one step-loop, but if so, you must program the LOOP...ENDLOOPs in the flow logic accordingly. The ordering of the LOOP...ENDLOOPs must exactly parallel the order of the step loops in the screen. The ordering tells the system which loop processing to apply to which loop. Step loops in a screen are ordered primarily by screen row, and secondarily by screen column.
Transaction TZ61 (development class SDWA) implements a step loop version of the table you saw in transaction TZ60.
Static and Dynamic Step Loops
Step loops fall into two classes: static and dynamic. Static step loops have a fixed size that cannot be changed at runtime. Dynamic step loops are variable in size. If the user re-sizes the window, the system automatically increases or decreases the number of step loop blocks displayed. In any given screen, you can define any number of static step loops, but only a single dynamic one.
You specify the class for a step loop in the Screen Painter. Each loop in a screen has the attributes Looptype (fixed=static, variable=dynamic) and Loopcount. If a loop is fixed, the Loopcount tells the number of loop-blocks displayed for the loop. This number can never change.
Programming with static and dynamic step loops is essentially the same. You can use both the LOOP and LOOP AT statements for both types.
Looping in a Step Loop
When you use LOOP AT
Use the following additional parameters if desired:
14) What are the ways to find out the tables used in the program?
15) Can you have two detail lists from the basic list at the same time?
If yes how and if no why?
16) What are the different functions used in sap script? What are the parameters used in each Function?
Ans :There are three different functions used in SAP Script:
Parameters in Each Function:
1) OPEN_FORM –
2) WRITE_FORM –
17) What is sequence of event triggered in report?
Ans: There are 6 events in report:
2) At Selection-Screen
5) Get Late
9) At Line Selection
10) At User Command
11) At PF (nn)
18) What are standard layouts sets in the SAP Script?
Ans :There are four standard layouts in the SAP Script:
3) Main Window
19) What function module upload data from application server?
20) What are the various types of selection screen event?
Ans : SELECTION-SCREEN BEGIN OF BLOCK ABC WITH FRAME TITLE T01.
SELECTION-SCREEN BEGIN OF SCREEN 500 AS WINDOW.
CALL SELECTION-SCREEN 500 STARTING AT 10 10.
Check all articles under SAP-ABAP-Interview Questions