Service Delivery and Manager Interview QuestionsIf you are applying for the position of a Service Delivery Manager or Project Manager, you can expect tough interview questions.
What are the tough interview questions that can be expected for a Project Manager?
Answer : These tough interview questions usually form part of the behavioral interview questions. The interviewers are interested in your technical expertise. However, they are more interested in how you behave under a tight deadline.
Interview questions for Project Manager:
- How do you ensure that the successful completion of a project that dragged out longer than anticipated?
- Give one example of an incident that prevents you from completing a task you have been assigned.
- How do you define a good job in your current position?
- How did you handle a situation when you worked with someone you did not get along?
- Describe a time when you successful resolved a conflict with the main client.
- Tell me the factors that you think have contributed to your success so far.
- Tell me a time when your actions resulted in a negative effect on your colleagues.
- How do you communicate bad news to someone?
- Have you made an unpopular decision in your previous prooject? How did you gain support for an unpopular decision? What methods of communication did you use?
- Describe a negotiation that fails. What do you think you could have done to avert the failure?
- What are your strengths in negotiation? How did you employ the strengths?
- How did you handle a poor work performer? Do you think you could have handled it differently?
- Describe the management style of the most difficult manager you ever worked for. How did you adapt to his style?
- Describe the most problematic subordinate in your team. How did you handle him?
- How did you handle the career transition?
- How did you acclimate yourself to a new job? How did you acclimate yourself to a country with a different culture?
- Describe a time when you failed to adapt to a change. How could you have done differently?
- How did you cope with budget overrun in a project?
- How did you communicate your expectation of the team members working for you?
- Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision under pressure by the management.
- Describe the characteristics of the most successful team you have ever handled. What is your contribution to the success of the team?
- How does your personality reflect in the job you choose?
- Why do you want this interview?
- Describe a time when you successfully predicted obstacles to a project. What made you so certain that such obstacles could arise?
However, you can expect very tough behavioral and project-specific questions in the second interview. The involvement of the HR Director and the senior management team means the interview questions for Project Manager are very tough.